An Association of this magnitude cannot be successfully run by one or even a few individuals. It takes the collaboration of several family members to make it worthwhile. If you wish to volunteer to help the Reynolds Family Association, then please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Publicizing and promoting the Reynolds Family Association
- Family research and record gathering
- Organizing and running family reunions
- Being a coordinator for a family line or part of a family line
- Nominating yourself or others to be officers of the RFA
- Typing and entering data into a computer program
Publicizing and promoting the Reynolds Family Association
People are needed to publicize and promote the RFA. The means of doing this include those in the following list. Any other ideas you have will be welcomed.
- Spreading the word via online lists.
- Links to RFA web site from other sites.
- Articles in magazines and newspapers.
- Booths, brochures and presentations at genealogical conferences.
- Cooperative activities and events with other organizations.
- Each member recruits one new member.
Family research and record gathering
Organizing, overseeing, conducting, and computerizing family research and record gathering.
Organizing and running future Reynolds Family Association Annual Reunions
Help is needed with organizing and running all RFA gatherings. No one will be expected to do the entire event by themselves, but someone needs to do most of the planning and organizing (with the help of the officers of the Association), and others need to help with specific tasks.
Help is also needed for staffing the booth of the RFA at any genealogical conferences with which the association will be involved.
Being a Line Coordinator for a family group or part of a family group
We want to eventually have a Line Coordinator for every family group, including every immigrant ancestor to America. If your family group is so large that you don't want to be responsible for the entire group, consider taking just a part of the family group. Activities that should be part of this program could include:
- Providing a clearing house for all information on this family, gathering information on all proven or possible descendants of the ancestor.
- Putting all information in a computer genealogy program or helping with data entry for that line.
- Determining whether other families that may be related are and, if so, how.
- Conducting and coordinating research to establish family relationships, to find all descendants, and to gather documentation for all descendants.
- Providing articles, information, and queries for the newsletter.
- Helping to transcribe old written records in order to make them available on line and to preserve their future.
- Developing a list of as many living descendants of this family as possible, and trying to get those people involved in research, family gatherings, etc.
Nominating yourself or others to be officers of the Association
It is important to the success of this Association that the members participate as volunteers and as officers. Don't hesitate to nominate yourself or others for any activity or position where you think you or they might be helpful
Typing and entering data into a computer program
Members are needed to do some data entry into computer program, such as Family Tree Maker. We would like to get our different family histories into a searchable data base for easy access by all members.